Are you an experienced website designer and developer with a thorough understanding of best practices for SEO? The BLÜ Group – Advertising & Marketing is looking for a qualified and motivated website designer and developer to perform website development, working on internal projects and projects for our clients, some of which will receive national exposure. The ideal candidate will be hungry to learn, confident in their abilities, able to work under pressure, able to meet explicit deadlines, a good problem solver, able to make their own calculated decisions when necessary and able to follow direction. An understanding of modern web design trends, graphic design trends, a good sense of color and balance, the ability to work within existing branding guidelines, and a familiarity with fields related to web design (such as graphic design, SEO, analytics) are also important. Essential Duties and Responsibilities The individual selected for this role will perform a variety of web design-related tasks for The BLÜ Group and its clients, either in entirety or as a contributor to a larger project. These include, at a minimum, setting up WordPress installs, working in a team environment to develop a website, working independently to develop a website, and utilizing graphic design software to create graphics for websites. Candidates must be very familiar with WordPress, able to utilize various themes and plugins to accomplish a vision for a website, work in software programs to layout websites, create website wireframes and organization, edit/write CSS, PHP and HTML in order to adjust website layout/functionality, and create graphics to implement into website designs. Qualified candidates will also monitor and coordinate domain, hosting, SEO, and analytics plus troubleshoot website security, plug-in compatibility, etc. The individual should expect to attend daily meetings to review project progress and should feel comfortable speaking in front of a small team. The ideal candidate would integrate seamlessly into our team and feel comfortable working alongside other designers, photographers, videographers and marketers to see projects through to completion.
A candidate for this role will possess, at a minimum, intermediate knowledge of the following:
- Work experience in developing professional, SEO optimized, Responsive WordPress websites
- Proficient in WordPress building Responsive themes.
- Proficient in latest HTML5/CSS3 standards and tricks.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to troubleshoot cross-browser compatibility issues with multiple versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, and mobile browsers.
- Building websites with a clean, modern design sensibility, with user-centered focus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of setting up and transferring domain and hosting
- Knowledge/implementation of successful SEO techniques
- Creative thinker
- Must know how to estimate projects and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent team member that is interested in working at and growing a small ad agency
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. This is not a remote position so only apply if you are able to work in the La Crosse, Wisconsin area. Benefits and Perks The environment at The BLÜ Group was created to provide ease, well-being, inspiration, and creativity. After a busy work week (or even day), we like to kick-back with a beer, eat out downtown, take field trips, and hang out with co-workers all to unwind and appreciate the good work that’s been done. Some of our perks include:
- Great team that always pushes one another to be better and do better
- Bonuses paid based on individual performance and agency profitability
- 3 weeks of PTO to start + 7 paid holidays
- Flexible schedule from an understanding agency owner
- Simple IRA with company match
- Company paid parking spot in ramps
- Happy hours and parties (not always paid by the boss!)
- Well-stocked fridge
- Educational sessions, trade shows, exclusive conferences, and agency events
Send your resume and portfolio to Tony Roberts at email@example.com for consideration.