5 Apps to Help You Stay on Track
Life is hectic by itself, but if you throw in an upcoming vacation, a wedding to plan for, or a huge presentation to give, the crazy walls can start crashing around you. It’s important to stay organized, and keep your sanity, amongst all the clutter that surrounds our lives. Technology can be a real friend when trying to get (and stay) organized, but with all the options out there, where do you start? Between work, home, and school, I’ve selected the top 5 apps that keep me on the right track.
- Mint.com – If you’re not good at tracking your spending, this app is mind-blowing. Mint tracks, categorizes, and organizes ALL of your spending, so you can see where every dime goes. Make better purchasing decisions, get reminders of payment due dates, receive advice on getting the most for your money and paying off debt faster, and so much more.
- Out of Milk– This app is a life saver for busy parents and professionals. This all-in-one grocery app is an easy way to track which groceries you have at home, which you need to pick up, what grocery stores nearby are offering deals, and what things you need to get done for the day. You also have the option of sharing and syncing your lists!
- Flipboard – If your job requires you to stay up on the latest happenings in a particular industry, then this is the app for you. Flipboard is a personal app that is filled with the latest news on the things you care most about. You pick the topics you’re interested in (business, technology, sports, news, and more), as well as add in your favorite social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram). Everything is in one place, and just a click away.
- CalenGoo (Google Calendar) – This app lets you set up collaborative schedules where multiple people can make entries. This allows for everyone (in your family for example) to see your schedule, as well as show their own, so you can keep track of everything going on from doctor appointments, meetings, soccer games, and more. This app also sends you alerts for upcoming events, birthdays, appointments, etc.
- KeepTrack – With busy schedules and prioritizing, your personal goals can sometimes get put on the back burner. KeepTrack is an app that helps you set personal goals (i.e. lose 10 pounds, eat more fruit, quit smoking, etc.) and keeps track of your progress. Not only does it keep track of the data you enter, but it goes a step further by aggregating the data into statistics and graphs for a clear visual of your progress.
These apps are sanity-savers for me, and I hope they can be for you as well. Do you use other apps to help make your life a little easier? Please share them in the comments below.