How-to Position Your Business for a Successful 2012
5 Helpful Tips When Creating A Marketing Plan
Chances are if you’re a small business owner, you’re right in the middle of putting together your marketing plan for the upcoming year (if you have yet to begin, you’d better get started!). A well thought out marketing plan developed now will not only lay out your vision and goals for the upcoming year, but it will show you exactly what you need to do throughout the year to achieve them.
Below are five tips to help you put together your marketing plan for the upcoming year:
- Start by taking stock of the previous year and identifying your goals for 2012.
- Lay your plan out month-by-month so you know exactly what you need to do and when it needs to be done.
- In addition to new ideas, be sure to include everything you have already committed to in 2012.
- Set your budget! Be sure to set aside a discretionary amount for tactics that you decide to add during the course of the year.
- Designate a go-to person to be in charge of execution and tracking of the items included in your plan.
For a small business owner, creation and execution of a marketing plan may seem like a daunting task. After all, you’re already wearing 20 different hats as it is. But remember, you are not alone. Partnering with an ad agency puts a team of professionals on your side who can help take some of the burden off of your shoulders, and who will work hard on your behalf to grow your business and strengthen your brand. However you decide to execute your marketing in the upcoming year, creating a plan will help ensure the path to reaching your goals in 2012 is a smooth one.
Need some help? Drop us a line.