What to Write About When You Don’t Know What to Write About
Let’s face it; no matter how creative you are, or how good you are at writing, you will run into writer’s block at some point in your career. And it sucks. There are many different ways that you can try to coax creativity out of your brain, like Lucy touched on in her blog post Three Tips to Recharge Your Creative Batteries, but sometimes you simply don’t have the time to let the creativity brew. So the next time you are desperately trying to think of something to write about for your company’s blog, take a look at these general topics, and have at it:
- Strategic how-to guides (i.e. how to manage a project effectively, how to organize your workday, how to present new ideas to clients, etc.)
- Technical how-to guides (i.e. how to pin to Pinterest, how to extract an image from a PDF, how to upload social media icons to your website, etc.)
- What inspires you
- New industry trends
- Hot topics (things happening right now that everyone is talking about)
- Tips for people in your career path/industry
- Tips for clients/customers
- Dealing with stress
- Common misconceptions about your industry/position
- Personal stories / successes / failures
- What you love about your career/industry
- What you would change about a particular topic/industry / etc.
- Interview (with someone in your field, a client, your idol, boss, etc.)
This list could really go on forever, but this should help get you started in the right direction. As always, if you need help getting your business out of a rut, give us a call: 608-519-3070. If you have tips for someone struggling to write a post, please share your comment below.