Career Opportunity at BLU – Web Designer / Developer
Web Designer / Developer
We are currently looking for a Web Designer/Developer to join our team. As a member of Team BLU, the ideal candidate will be drawn to the fast-paced challenge of working for an agency dedicated to excellence. He or she will think the casual work environment is good, the diverse workload is better, and that their killer designs/code are the best.
Candidates should be enthusiastic, innovative, and skilled in the areas of visual, user-centric, and web-based design and programming. Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment are a must. Extensive knowledge regarding web application opportunities and limitations, as well as an attention to detail with self-pride in quality of work, are essential. Individuals must be able to manage several projects at one time and successfully meet all expectations and deadlines.
- (X)HTML & CSS mastery
- Significant PHP/MySQL experience including working with Content Management Systems
- Theme and plug in development PHP based Content Management Systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla
- Have worked with CSS3, HTML5, XML, AJAX, JSON, etc.
- MyPHPAdmin and database scaling a plus
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures of graphic and web design/development, with strong user-centered design orientation
- Grasp of design skills and styles, with the ability to demonstrate a solid foundation of design fundamentals
- Knowledge of visual design tools and trends, and the ability to use them as appropriate
- Skill to create clear, compelling and innovative designs
- Ability to provide design support to staff designers and see projects through to completion
- Experience in graphics development software (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Things That Matter Immensely
- Great communication and analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience with search engine optimization and social media preferred
- Understanding of the mainstream tech and social media space
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
- Can provide live examples of works showcasing the various skills
We offer a collaborative, highly creative environment working with a wide range of small and mid-sized clients.
Competitive salary based on experience
For consideration, send letter of interest, resume, and online portfolio to Tony Roberts, Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.